Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

WAR: What is it good for?

What comes to mind when you hear the word "war"?  Pain, suffering, death, violence...
Honestly, war is somewhat vague for me because I've never personally experienced a war during
my lifetime.  I've been so blessed to live in a country that is safe.  Now that I think about, safety is something
that I take for granted.  It's something that I believe is so obvious.
Before I became familiar with IPYG,
I had no interest nor did I have any idea what was going on in the world around me. 
When I was living in the U.S., I had several friends who were sent to Afghanistan as soliders.
They were just teenagers, no more than 20 years old.
I heard countless stories of how their friends were killed
during their short time in the Middle East.  For WHAT did they die?
And what about the families of the
young soldiers killed during duty?
 Who will compensate them for the loss of their beloved son?  No amount
of money could ever make up for the death of these young soldiers.  They were mere children.
Look at this photo.  They should be playing soccer or drawing pictures of dogs and cats. 
Why are these young children holding
such viscious weapons?  Were they born merely to fight in a meaningless war and eventually to die?  No. 
This is why I respect IPYG so much.  For a long time, many have talked about this issue and acknowledged
the need for change.  However, IPYG has taken action to turn our hopes into a reality.

IPGY has shown us that
peace is possible and that a world without war, a world without the death of young lives is possible.
Let's join hands with IPYG and create a world where young people no longer have to be killed in pointless wars.

2 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart to see these young boys being trained for war. We need to end wars ASAP. No more suffering. No more tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with your opinion that this IPYG group are moving actually unlike the other organizations for the world peace. I support IPYG's activities.

    ReplyDelete