Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

What does peace mean to me?


Someday I thought, “What does peace mean to me?”

Everybody seems to have a different ideas of what peace is. Many sources define peace as the description of a society where there was neither war nor social unrest. What is peace to me? What defines peace, and what are you willing to sacrifice for it?

World peace is a wonderful thought but I didn’t think we’ll ever see it. So, I described what peace means to me in my life. To me, peace is a feeling of calm, warm, satisfaction and the feeling that all is well in my world, my family, and my work.

Jimmy carter said, “Peace is more than the absence of war. There is an inner peace that comes from personal security and personal freedom. Peace also includes the sense of a mother and father that children will live, that they’ll have food for them to eat, and that they won’t be subject to a lifetime of suffering that could have been prevented.” He had been awarded novel peace prize at 2002. Many people including him feel and know keenly the necessity of peace, however, they couldn’t suggest an alternative which is method of world peace.

Few month ago, I was happy to contact the international peace youth group (IPYG) because of participating in peace activity with effective and realizable method. IPYG’s motto is to create a lasting change in the world through our passion and desire to see peace-loving citizens in every nation and a united world youth.

Since I met IPYG, my thought about peace is changed and broaden. Peace is the absence of war, not only between nations but also between personal, and nothing should have to be sacrificed for it such as youth, it should come naturally.
 

7 comments:

  1. I long for the day when the idea of peace will not simply be a mere desire and dream...but a reality in our world. Thank you IPYG for giving us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article~!
    IPYG brings deep meaning to people
    Who want peace♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many valuable writings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome~!! I agree. Peace is important for human in our life.. I love it!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, Peace is to make all people one

    ReplyDelete